For many, Thanksgiving is a time to gather at home with family and count our blessings. But for those struggling through homelessness or extreme poverty, this holiday can be a difficult reminder of unmet needs.
From now until October 9th, run a Share Thanksgiving campaign to raise money for UGM's Meals program. Invite friends and family to join you in providing hope, warmth, and hot meals to vulnerable communities.
Every $3.29 that you and your friends raise, provides a full, nutritious meal to a man, woman or child in need.
Download our Share Thanksgiving Guide and follow the steps below to get started!
Steps to Success
1. Create Your Campaign
- Create an account to log in.
- Click on ‘Support a Campaign’ and hit ‘Meals’. Click the +Add Campaign button on the top right.
- Upload a personal photo, write about why you want to Share Thanksgiving, then set a campaign goal.
- Click ‘Publish your Campaign’!
2. Kick Off Your Campaign!
- Share your campaign through social media and email to let friends and family know you are fundraising for UGM. Invite them to donate!
- Snap and share fun photos of the Thanksgiving season- the colourful autumn leaves, grocery shopping for the meal etc. - to catch your network's attention. Remember to tag UGM and use #myUGM and #ShareThanksgiving!
3. Share Thanksgiving!
- Host a thanksgiving meal and invite your guests to make a gift toward your Share Thanksgiving campaign.
- Or, simply share your campaign online to raise support.
4. Thank Your Supporters
- Thank your supporters as soon as they make a donation. Email, send a text, or give them a call.
- Ask your supporters to like, retweet, and share your campaign on their social media.